In this review, we will be looking at the Lodge EC7OD43 Enameled Cast Iron Oval Dutch Oven, which is a large family-sized Dutch oven from one of the world’s most sought-after cast iron manufacturers Lodge.
1. Cast Iron by Lodge
2. Porcelain enamel interior and exterior
3. Cook on gas, electric, and induction in the oven
4. Self-basting cover with handle. Traps in heat, moisture, and nutrients
5. Stainless steel knob, safe for oven use
6. Oval 7-quart capacity
7. Dimensions 10.25 x 15.56 x 7.13 inches
8. Red and White
Disclaimer: I earn from qualifying purchases on my website as an Amazon Associate. If you purchase through links from this website, I may get a small share of the sale from Amazon and other similar affiliate programs.
We will check out the features, pros, and cons of purchasing a 7-quart capacity Dutch oven, as well as some feedback from others who have taken a chance to purchase such a large cast-iron Dutch oven.
I will also tell you where you can purchase the Lodge EC7OD43 Enameled Cast Iron Oval Dutch Oven for the very best price online.
>>>>>Check out this Lodge 7-quart enamel Dutch oven at Amazon, which is one of our top choices for a large enameled cast-iron Dutch oven.
The Features of this large Lodge Oval Dutch Oven
- Made from Cast Iron by Lodge
- Porcelain enamel interior and exterior
- Cook on gas, electric, and induction cooktops also in the oven
- Self-basting cover with handle. Traps in heat, moisture, and nutrients
- Stainless steel knob, safe for oven use
- Oval in shape
- 7-quart capacity
- Dimensions 10.25 inches x 15.56 inches x 7.13 inches
- Available in Red and White
Pros and Cons of this Oval Lodge Dutch Oven
- You can cook on gas, electric, and induction cooktops also perfect for the oven.
- No oil is required, as the enamel interior does not require seasoning.
- The Dutch oven is perfect for family cooking or for entertaining your guests with hearty meals that will stay hot.
- It is a beautiful serving statement piece that goes right from preparing, cooking, and then to the table for serving.
- Easy to clean with soapy water.
- A very heavy Dutch oven.
- The knob on the lid gets extremely hot. When picking up the lid, always use an oven mitt or tea towel.
- The manufacturer recommends that the Dutch oven should not be used on open flames or in microwave ovens.
This is my top pick from the many enameled cast iron ovens available at Amaozn – Lodge Dutch Oven.
Full Review Oval Lodge Dutch Oven
The Lodge Enameled EC7OD43 Cast Iron Oval Dutch Oven is the ultimate all-rounder. This 7-quart enamel Dutch oven is suitable for marinating, cooking, refrigeration, and freezing.
The oven is large enough to cook meals for 4 to 6 people. Everything from a 12lb turkey to soups, stews, curries, sauces, you name it…
This oven is so practical you can prepare an entire chicken pot roast. Or what about Lamb Shanks in Red Wine Sauce? This Oval Dutch oven would easily fit 6 Lamb Shanks plus whatever condiments you care to add not to mention very large loaves of bread or several bread rolls you might wish to bake.
The porcelain surface on the Lodge Enameled EC7OD43 Cast Iron Oval Dutch Oven eliminates the need to season cast iron creating a smooth, hard surface that is easy to clean while maintaining superior heat distribution and heat retention.
Because there is better heat retention, this will reduce the amount of energy needed for cooking, so it saves money.
The enamel finish on the Lodge Enameled EC7OD43 Cast Iron Oval Dutch Oven also stops sauces, soups, stews, and curries darkening by being exposed to traditional cast iron, not to mention the fact that it stops the scorching that can sometimes happen when making sauces in a cast-iron Dutch oven.
To assist in maintaining the long life of the Lodge Enameled Cast Iron Oval Dutch Oven, the manufacturer supplies rubber buffers that you remove when you open the box up when delivered.
The manufacturer advises you to keep these buffers and place them around the lip of the oven before placing the lid on top so the oven does not get chipped during storage.
The manufacturer advises that the Dutch oven should not be used on open flames or microwave ovens.
Dutch Oven Size Chart
It is often very confusing when deciding which Dutch oven is the correct size for your needs. So if you require a look at Dutch oven sizes that would assist you in deciding which Dutch oven size is for you.
Why not visit one or all of the articles below which would definitely help you in choosing a size?
- Firstly, my article on Le Creuset Dutch Oven Sizes
- Secondly, my article on Dutch Oven Size Chart
- Lastly, my article on all the Lodge Dutch Oven Sizes
Final Thoughts – Lodge Oval Dutch Oven
From browning and sautéing on your cooktop to baking in the oven and finally presenting it to the table in the same pot, the Lodge Enameled EC7OD43 Cast Iron Oval Dutch Oven is an all-around must-have addition to any kitchen.
The Lodge Enameled Cast Iron Oval Dutch Oven cooks and presents as well as any other brands on the market today. Different brands can cost up to $350.00, making this Dutch oven very affordable at a fraction of the cost.
For the best price on the Lodge Enameled Cast Iron Oval Dutch Oven and to see what others have said about the Dutch oven, click the image below.
Suppose you are still not convinced that this is the Dutch oven for you. Why not read my article about the oval Le Creuset Dutch oven?
Best oval Dutch oven
Oval Dutch ovens are great for cooking lamb shanks, pot roasts, and, of course, large cuts of meat, as well as any other dish you want to prepare.
The best oval Dutch oven for you will be the correct size for the number of people you want to feed.
If you need some help working out the size of the Dutch oven, you will require.
Should I Get a Round or Oval Dutch Oven?
Round Dutch oven – stews, casseroles, round cooktops.
Oval Dutch oven – roasts, large cuts of meat. It can be challenging to get the correct heat distribution on a circular ring on a cooktop. Great for oven use.
Can You Bake Bread in Enameled Cast Iron?
Yes, you can make bread in an enameled cast-iron Dutch oven, providing it is large enough to allow your loaf to rise. It can reach high temperatures in the conventional oven and has a tight-fitting lid to keep the steam inside the oven.
Can You Make Bread in an Oval Dutch Oven?
Yes, all you have to do is shape your dough to fit correctly in your oval Dutch oven. This applies to any shape of a Dutch oven. The dough needs room to expand on the final “rise.”
Want to check out the latest information about Dutch ovens and their brands? See them here at the best Dutch ovens available in 2024.
One-Pot Cooking Rocks